Houghton Regis Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Miss D Alexis
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mr J Edwards, Mrs R Parmar, Miss A Waller, Mrs L Fennell
- Family Support Worker – Mrs L Fennell
- Safeguarding Governor – Mrs S O’Connell
We believe that:
- All children have equal right to be protected from harm
- Children need to be safe and to feel safe in school
- Children need support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse
- All children people have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs
- All children must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other
- All children have the right to be supported to meet their emotional and social needs as well their educational needs – a happy, healthy, social child will achieve better educationally and socially
- Schools can and do contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk-taking behaviours
- All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from harm
HRPS Child Protection Policy and Safeguarding 2023
HRPS Child on Child Abuse Policy 2023 – 24
Please find a link to the Central Bedfordshire Safeguarding website
Other useful links
Prevent Radicalisation & Extremism by Acting Early – if you have concerns about anyone expressing extreme views or hatred, click on the link below.
Operation Encompass has been designed to provide early reporting to schools of any domestic abuse incidents that occur in which a child was present, ordinarily lives at the incident location or with an involved party. For further information, click on the link below.