Absence Request

Permission must be obtained from the Headteacher if you would like to take your child out of school during term time.

You can only do this if:

  • You make an application to the Headteacher in advance (as a parent the child normally lives with)
  • There are exceptional circumstances

If leave is granted, the Headteacher will decide how many days your child can be away from school .

Parents do not have a legal right to take their children out of school in order to go on holiday.

If you take your child out of school for a family holiday without the school’s prior authorisation, the absence will be recorded as unauthorised and noted in your child’s school records.

For further information please visit Central Beds Website:


Request for absence procedural document

Houghton Regis Primary School